St. Mary's School
left_body body
Parish and School History
In 1882, the first Church of St. Mary's held mass in a 32 foot by 40 foot building on the corner of Fourth and Elm Street. The Parish consisted of 60 members. In 1900, the parish built a gothic-style church on the corner of 5th and Irving.

By 1935, plans were underway to build a 600-seat Church. That stone Church, completed in 1950, was built on the corner of Fourth and Hawthorne and is our current Great Hall. When the stone Church was constructed, there were 480 families in our Parish.

In 1957, on a site adjacent to the stone Church, a 12-classroom school was built. By 1981, membership had increased to 3,610 people.

In 1997, a new Church facility was constructed.

In 2006, the 12- classroom school was demolished to make room for the St. Mary's Education Center. The Education Center offers over 50,000 square feet of educational space including a computer lab, library, resource rooms, and office space.

The number of students attending St. Mary's School averages between 195 to 210 students enrolled per school year.

Current membership is over 2,000 families and well over 5,800 people as parishioners.
body_3 body_3